Due to popular demand we will be continuing with our online Zoom classes. These classes are globally available.
Classes for August will start in late July and will fill up FAST!
AUGUST’S online Zoom class schedule:
GETTING SPECIFIC WITH SCENE STUDY
START DATE: Monday July 27th at 2pm
Paired up with a scene partner (8 scenes max in this Zoom class)
Back to basics & breakdown scripts
Applying verbs of intent & much more…
Getting specific, finding the peaks & valleys & perform scenes
Final performance with critique!
(*all rehearsals with scene partners must be done with social distancing practises in mind. FaceTime/Zoom/Skype recommended options).
CHALLENGING THE ACTOR INTENSIVE SERIES 1
*This class is designed for intermediate & experienced actors only
START DATE: Tuesday July 28th at 2pm
- We will delve into the actor’s techniques & human techniques while understanding how to use yourself as an instrument
- Each week we dive into exercises that will avoid us from getting trapped in externals, physical self-consciousness, mechanical reactions, anticipation of a particular response, pushing for emotion and more by exploring human behaviour under a variety of circumstances
- Each week exercises will be given out and discussed with a performance given at the end of the 4th week
CHALLENGING THE ACTOR INTENSIVE SERIES 2
START DATE: Tuesday July 28th at 5pm
- Continuing from Series 1 and advancing into even more in depth exercises
CHALLENGING THE ACTOR INTENSIVE SERIES 3
START DATE: Thursday July 30th at 2pm
- Continuing from Series 2 and advancing into even more in depth exercises
ADVANCING THE AUDITION
START DATE: Thursday July 30th at 5pm
- Beyond the basic techniques of the ‘audition’
- Expanding on the current climate with online auditions, Skype/Zoom call backs and Skype/Zoom chemistry reads, which has become more prevalent even before the pandemic
- How to get the most out of our online auditions & how to use your space in the audition
- Affecting through the lens not at the lens
- Use tools to stay private in the room; making interesting choices
- Understanding that the audition is simply another place to act and enjoy
- Refreshing your techniques; breaking down audition scenes, history, circumstances & intent
MASTERING THE MONOLOGUE
START DATE: Saturday, August 1st at 11am
Breaking down your monologue & getting specific
Breaking down beats & understanding circumstances
Perspective journaling & discovering your journey
Learning to talk through the lens not at the lens
Reviewing work from week one
Running your monologue
Running your monologue several times with notes given
Final monologue performance with critique
* Space for all classes is limited. Classes are $195 (and includes GST)
Please note: email@example.com is my new email address for all things acting including: inquiries, payments, coaching, tapings.
No refunds, no deferrals.
Full payment must be sent prior to class start date via e-transfer to debpodowski@