With the B.C Government opening up Phase 2 of our economy in May, we have re-opened our doors and have let the light shine in again. After consulting with one of BC’s top medical doctors in the area of COVID-19 mitigation and re-opening procedures we have a safe, practical approach in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Studio protocol will look a little different initially, but our passion and attitude has not changed!
Some of the mitigation strategies at Deb Podowski Acting Studio include:
• A Waiver and Indemnity Agreement and COVID-19 Health Questionnaire will be emailed to you prior to your initial class. Print, sign and bring it with you; no entry otherwise.
• Class sizes will be smaller than normal
• Two hander scenes only
• You can enter the Studio a maximum 10 minutes before your class start time
• No auditors allowed
• Minimal props; students must bring their own props
• All students must hand sanitize when entering and exiting (hand sanitizer stations are set up throughout Deb Podowski Acting Studio)
• You must enter and exit the DPAS in a clockwise fashion. Directional arrows are set up on the floor, like at local grocery stores.
• You can choose to leave right after your scene has been up
• Bathroom is open for emergency situations only
• Kitchen area is closed. Bring your own bottled water & utensils/take your garbage out with you
• High touch surfaces will be cleaned every hour (these areas are marked with red stickers)
• It is encouraged to avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands while at DPAS. Masks are optional and are available when you arrive.
• All scenes will be picked out with social distancing in place; make a best effort to maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet at all times.
• If you have COVID-19 like symptoms you will only be allowed into the Studio when you are okay’d to return by a medical professional and you will continue your scene online